New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Trouble Burning From Inserting Blank Disc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Maul

Maul is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

Has anyone ever experience any trouble from a mac not reading a blank cd or dvd?

This only happens to me from time-to-time with my mac. One week it burns cd and dvd just fine, then the next week it doesn't read any blank disk that I insert. It acts like it wants to read the blank disc for about a minute then spits it out. Does anyone knows why this is happening? Its starting to *&#@ me off because it only happens when I need to burn some data for an urgent purpose.

QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

Maul,

Are all the CDs you are using from the same batch? Should work! If you bought them on sale, some may be poor quality and won't burn well consistenly.

I've seen many problems on this forum concerning "no burn" like yours and makes me think the Apple burners need better QA. If you still have the problem when using good quality CDs/DVDs, call Apple and question them about it.

Noel
QUOTE Thanks
adler

adler is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G

I was just about to post this exact topic. I've been using the same blank DVD's for a while, but suddenly the drive has been spitting the disc out after about a minute. It was working perfectly about a month or 2 ago. It suddenly stopped though. I kind of need to be able to burn DVD's because I have a client waiting on a video.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Folks,

You may have done this already, but go to System Preferences>CDs & DVDs and check the scroll bar settings. I think maybe they can get out of whack...

Noel
QUOTE Thanks
adler

adler is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G

Checked that. When a I tried to insert a blank DVD yesterday in toast it said "reading" but it never read it, and spat it out.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

adler,

Don't know if this will help, but download and run all the scripts with Mainmenu, get it here: http://www.santasw.com/

I set up and use "Execute Batch Tasks" every day or two. It cleans cache, fixes permissions, etc. Give it a try free, it's donateware, see if it helps...

Noel
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD Movie problem | Final Cut Pro -v- Final Cut Express »