New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Moving clips from Final Cut 3 to Final Cut 4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Yitschaq

Yitschaq is on a distinguished road

I just upgraded to Final Cut Express 4, I was running Final Cut 3 earlier. When I try to put the clips into the Final Cut 4, i get a "MEDIA OFFLINE" message on the clip and it is Red.

I am well aware that I need to upgrade the clips, but I am not too sure how to do so.. any answers for me? or suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

What that means is Final Cut is not able to find the cuts. If you have only the project file and no video clips you will get the error.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Yitschaq

I do still have the clips, for some reason they can't be found.. i don't know..
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

There should be an option in Final Cut to resync the clips. Under Final Cut Pro it is called reconnect media. You may also need to rerender the clips.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Yitschaq

i took your advice and found what i was looking for. not the same way you said it but close enough. i have all the clips back.

thanks so much!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMovie problems | DVD collection on External HD »