New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

MacBook - Watching HD Movies Question?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HmmIsee

HmmIsee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!

Just wondering, how is everybody watching HD movies on there MacBooks? I'm sure this is a stupid question, but i've been extremely busy lately, and i haven't been able to keep up to date on what i can do with my macbook.

But can you really just put in an HD movie?

(Sorry if this is a stupid question)
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

If by "put in an HD movie", you mean HD-DVD or Blu-Ray DVDs, then considering how Macbooks don't currently ship with drives that support those formats, I'd say the answer is... uh... "No".
QUOTE Thanks
HmmIsee

HmmIsee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
If by "put in an HD movie", you mean HD-DVD or Blu-Ray DVDs, then considering how Macbooks don't currently ship with drives that support those formats, I'd say the answer is... uh... "No".

Yeah i figured that, but i just see multiple people talking about how they are watching HD movies on there MacBook, and i was just wondering what was going on...I'm no stranger to Macs so I know they don't have anything like that yet, i was just confused. Maybe the person wrote it wrong and meant HD movie, but not HD-DVD, but i don't know.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Well you can rent HD movies and download them via iTunes. Others may have ripped the HD movies from Blu-Ray discs using their desktop computer if equipped with the right drive.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Making the best HQ youtube movies? | Audio lag on video »