New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Hard dive for feature filming editing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

botfink

botfink is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro quad 2.66, 5gb Ram, ATI 512mb X1900 XT, 4x500gb

I'm editing a feature in october and need to get an external raid for storage what should I go for? They are shooting on the Sony xdecam ex and the Panasonic hvx 200 both using the 16gb cards they want storage on set and also I want a raid system for editing at speed and another for backing up. It's a 17 day shoot shooting two cameras.

So I want to know what sizes to go for and if anyone is using a raid tower. Also the costing - is it simpler to go for 2 esata 2gb raid externals or do I go for a tower with multi bays?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Movie Editing With MPG's | convert .mov to .saver file for screensaver »