New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

How can solve this problem?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fluffs

fluffs is on a distinguished road

I want to burn a music dvd with 150 music video's of .mpg and .avi files to a double sided 8.5mb dvd.
iDVD or Toast will only let me burn 98 files at a time and also does not let me adjust the level of music or normalise the volume so all tracks are at the same volume level.
Can anyone suggest a Mac OS X program or solution that allows me do this, without having to edit each file? Fluffs {;^)>
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

The more you put on a disk the more compression you would have to do and lousier the quality would be.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
fluffs

fluffs is on a distinguished road

There is no need for compression its 150 files but only 5.2 GB all up
and the double sided DVD is 8.5 GB so there enough room.

Its trying to find a burner to encode for home and car dvd player
or program like imovie (which will not except mpg)
or find some way of making it one file
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

I've a feeling that 98 is the limit of chapters within the DVD standard. Happy to be corrected as I'm digging this up from a far and distant corner of my head. But That's the way I remember it.

I guess it's up to you which way to go but here's a few ideas:
1. combine some of the mpgs into larger files (ffmpegx lets you join videos together). Get the total number of files down <99 and try again.
2. Burn to 2 single layer DVDs
3. Try Visual Hub (it can take multiple files and create DVD images)
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffs View Post
There is no need for compression its 150 files but only 5.2 GB all up
Well look at that. A needed detail that you didn't put in the original post. Not that I think it is relevant.

This thread will answer you limit question I think. I'm not sure why you are seeing limit of 98 files instead of 99.

The thing is, if you are trying to create a DVD playable on say a regular DVD player for the TV, then the applications you are using are converting those files to MPEG2. The size of your source files probably are not relevant. Because of the conversion, the size is changing and the applications may have a fixed time limit for content like 2 hours, or perhaps 4 for a dual layer disc. I don't know the limits of the top of my head. You'll need to look into that. There are a lot of variables in this process.

I'm not sure DVD authoring apps do audio leveling. Look at the specs for DVD Studio Pro or the Adobe equivalent. I think you would have to export the audio and use an audio dedicated application.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« problems importing into imovie | Keynote presentation to FLV »