Changing the speed of clips
    I am able to change the speed of video clips using the hare/tortoise slider in iMovie 4 but the increase in speed is not drastic enough. How can I speed my clip up even more ?

I can't find any software on the web to do this, without forking out for Final Cut etc

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by dogtonharrants View Post
    I can't find any software on the web to do this, without forking out for Final Cut etc
    Bingo.

In other words, iMovie has limitations. If you want more features and such, then you will have to upgrade your software.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    This little tutorial mentions another software option for slowmo that might be able to do the opposite.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 180 GB; iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 160 GB; 30 GB iPod Video
    if you download the SECOND latest iMovie (the iMovie that just came out, in my opinion, is a complete regression); you can get it for free on the apple website, i could be wrong. Im sure its on the net somewhere though you can speed up a clip, let it render, and then repeat the process until you reach your desired speed. it's a little make-shift, but does the trick. (that'll be as good as you can get without getting fc, etc)
    Best,
    CDS
    MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 180 GB; iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 160 GB; 30 GB iPod Video; 1st Generation iPod Nano

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro (early '08), 2.6 dual core duo, 2 gb ram, 200 gb 7200 rpm hd, running Leopard
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdistaulo View Post
    if you download the SECOND latest iMovie (the iMovie that just came out, in my opinion, is a complete regression); you can get it for free on the apple website, i could be wrong. Im sure its on the net somewhere though you can speed up a clip, let it render, and then repeat the process until you reach your desired speed. it's a little make-shift, but does the trick. (that'll be as good as you can get without getting fc, etc)
    I was thinking the same thing (about the export then import thing). If you are looking for a program that gives you unparallel performance in time-control, I recommend looking into Adobe AfterEffects. Yeah, it's a little spendy but the time-remapping tools and the included keying plugin "Keylight" (for green/blue screen effects) make this gem totally worth it. Check out VideoCopilot.net for some great free video tutorials. One of them deals specifically with time-remapping for that neat Matrix effect.
    "Mac users swear by their Macs, PC users swear at their PCs."

Thread Information