New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Quicktime update to 7.5 and now to audio

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xWARWICKx

xWARWICKx is on a distinguished road

I am kinda irritated - I updated my system and in turn my quicktime pro was updated to 7.5 - and then right after I had no audio in any .avi files - Now I have googled the problem and I have found that Perian fixes the problem for some people - also some people change that thing to 4400hz or whatever but that did not work -

Does anybody know if Apple is going to fix this ? I mean an update should not make something break - if it doesnt get fixed I will just go back to 7.4 - but I feel I should not have to do that - you know?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Are you saying you have no Audio?

What computer and OS you running?
QUOTE Thanks
xWARWICKx

xWARWICKx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Are you saying you have no Audio?

What computer and OS you running?
Sorry take a quick look at the post one more time I edited it because I messed it up -

I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo Macbook pro with Leopord 10.5.3 -
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I just tried it here with Quicktime 7,5 and the few AVI's that I have play with audio. I have always used Perian though as it's needed for some video formats and always has been. Will check my other Macs and see what happens.

I just tried it on my Intel Mini and same thing. All AVI's are playing back with both Audio and Video.
QUOTE Thanks
Arekisu

Arekisu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.

I had the problem also, i installed Perian and now i get audio but no video.

The video files that work are Xvid encoded but the one's that don't are H264 encoded.
QUOTE Thanks
dataguy601

dataguy601 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook 2.0 core duo white

i lost audio on all flv video clips too..........

anybody know how to go back to the previous version of quicktime????

i already had perian, redownloaded and installed to no avail.....
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataguy601 View Post
i lost audio on all flv video clips too..........

anybody know how to go back to the previous version of quicktime????

i already had perian, redownloaded and installed to no avail.....

Interesting. 7.4.1 broke Video for me with FLV's that were converted with iSquint. Turns out it was an iSquint issue which they fixed. I have never had audio problems though and 7.5 here plays all my FLV videos with fine audio. Something else is going on.

Which Mac are you running? Which version of OSX?
QUOTE Thanks
dataguy601

dataguy601 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook 2.0 core duo white

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Interesting. 7.4.1 broke Video for me with FLV's that were converted with iSquint. Turns out it was an iSquint issue which they fixed. I have never had audio problems though and 7.5 here plays all my FLV videos with fine audio. Something else is going on.

Which Mac are you running? Which version of OSX?
macbook 2 GHz core Duo, Leopard 10.5.3

flv's downloaded from youtube.

i may have been a couple of versions behind when i updated but I think only 1.... FLV's had audio up until the update, now nothing. VLC plays just fine, i just dont care for it...
QUOTE Thanks
fitzj10

fitzj10 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tip on installing Perian. The QuickTime 7.5 update broke the audio playback on my FLV files too. Installing Perian brought it back (although I had to uninstall the Xvid codec first). Thanks!

PowerBook G4, 1.67 GHz, 2GB RAM.
QUOTE Thanks
brynze

brynze is on a distinguished road

Can someone please help... I was so happy to see this thread, well sort of... And I couldn't agree more with the initial poster- How are you going to send out a Quicktime update and have us end up with things broken - THAT APLLE IS CLEARLY DOING NOTHING ABOUT! And since researching tis issue now - this has obviously been a problem occurring for a few years!

Anyway - sorry, I'm totally annoyed - my video sound has gone quiet since I did a quicktime update - I tried the download from Perian (i think anyway - all I did was the download - not sure if I'm supposed to do anything with it after, but nothing was fixed... I also checked my audio midi output section which is typically the other answer to this problem... Again, nothing has brought back audio to my computer when i play certain videos... This is ridiculous

Any help would be so much appreciated. I hate Apple right now.

I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11 Powerbook G4 Processor: 1.25 GHz Power PC
1 GB Ram

Thank you -
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« idvd won't open at all | Video But No Sound »