New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

.mod file format

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pintage@btinter

Pintage@btinter is on a distinguished road

Right first off my apologies but I am a real newbie to the world of Mac and digital camcorders.
Been search around for a while for info on converting .mod file formats to edit and play on the mac. I have a Panasonic SDR-S7 SD camcorder.

Advice please on the best converting software and editing software. I down loaded Mpeg Streamclip but that doesn't support .mod or mpeg file format (I change the file extension from .mod to .mpeg) unless I pay 15 for it. I'm not a pikey but would like to find out if there is something out there for free first.

Also I would like a basic editing software I have iMovie is that any good (I have never used it before).

So any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I know this has probably been asked a thousand times before.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

you could give ffmpegX a try

Download ffmpeg X and when opened up download the extra components it needs from the links provided.
QUOTE Thanks
uheb

uheb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iBook, ..

>>So any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I know this has probably been asked a thousand times before

maybe but not on the SDR-S7, since it's rather new
I've bought one last week and have to find software too to convert .MOD files into .mov or mpeg-4 first.
Since I have the mpeg-2 playback component for QT already I could open the .MOD files with MPEGstreamclip.

But if you have iMovie8 you should be able to connect the SDR-S7 to your Mac and import your clips into iMovie without any other application.
I am running iMovie 6 HD (no iLife'08 yet) and that didn't work for me.
Maybe I will upgrade to iLife'08 just because that. But first I will try the SDR-S7 to find if this is the camcorder I was looking for.

cheers ueli
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screenshot DVD's | None playing video attachments »