New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - big help guys. really screwed it up!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

raptorkid700

raptorkid700 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook

i i was using ziphone, and it was runing ok. but then this came up and now it stuck on it

it ssays " bsd root : md0, majior 2, minor 0"
i have no idea what to do. at the moment, the ipod still does this even tho its unpluged from my computer. help!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Hold the top button and the round button, then let go of the top button after 10 second. It'll put the touch in restore mode. Plug it into your computer and then restore it via iTunes.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
raptorkid700

Mac Specs: macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook

after i did that, my ipod restarted, showed and apple symbol, then started to do the same thing over again. then i held the top and middle button again, and then my ipod turned completly black. then i plugged it in and started doing the same exact thing
QUOTE Thanks
raptorkid700

its not showing up on itunes!!
QUOTE Thanks
CL33Zero

CL33Zero is a jewel in the roughCL33Zero is a jewel in the rough

It wont restore? You should always be able to restore it
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I'm guessing you let go when the Apple logo showed up. Make sure you hold it for 10 seconds and then letting go of the top button till you see an iTunes icon on the touch.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
CL33Zero

CL33Zero is a jewel in the roughCL33Zero is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
I'm guessing you let go when the Apple logo showed up. Make sure you hold it for 10 seconds and then letting go of the top button till you see an iTunes icon on the touch.
Yes, exactly right. Hold down both, then let go of the top, but NOT the bottom until it enters restore mode.
QUOTE Thanks
raptorkid700

got this sorted out thanks guys
QUOTE Thanks
wytwolf

wytwolf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD

Let me guess it's a 16GB or 32GB ipod touch? Before running jailbreak apps always read other ppls experiences. Ziphone causes the bsd root : md0, majior 2, minor 0 issue on 16 and 32GB touches.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I destroyed my nano! Help! | How to convert windows media center recordings to iPod video files? »