New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod mini won't resume from sleep

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m1k

Hey guys,

I've had my mini for about 5 days and have been loving it since I got it. However, I had a very strange happening yesterday. I held down the pause/play button (to put the iPod mini into sleep mode) and then I engaged the hold switch. The battery was at full then. When I came back a few hours later, I pushed the hold switch back to its normal position, and then I pushed play/pause. Nothing happened. I tried pushing all the buttons, but the iPod mini wouldn't resume from its sleep.

I've installed the latest iPod mini driver (1.1), and I only have a little over 1GB of music.

Please help, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k
Hey guys,

I've had my mini for about 5 days and have been loving it since I got it. However, I had a very strange happening yesterday. I held down the pause/play button (to put the iPod mini into sleep mode) and then I engaged the hold switch. The battery was at full then. When I came back a few hours later, I pushed the hold switch back to its normal position, and then I pushed play/pause. Nothing happened. I tried pushing all the buttons, but the iPod mini wouldn't resume from its sleep.

I've installed the latest iPod mini driver (1.1), and I only have a little over 1GB of music.

Please help, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Probably lost its charge. Try plugging it in.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

bounce it of the wall, sound like something stuck... hehe
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Quote:
Probably lost its charge. Try plugging it in.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I finally reset it (menu+select on the mini) and there was plenty of battery left. I just reset it to factory condition and re-uploaded all of my songs to it, it hasn't frozen (yet).

Thanks anyways though.
QUOTE Thanks
miggles

miggles is on a distinguished road

Also, check to see if the "lock" slider was engaged or partially engaged and showing some orange.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Quote:
Also, check to see if the "lock" slider was engaged or partially engaged and showing some orange.
Nope, I slid it to and fro a few times until no orange was showing. Thanks anyways.

It hasn't frucked up since I re-imported the songs, so that's good
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Same issue with my girlfriends Mini,

the first few days she had it, the battery would always be empty, despite being switched off and on hold...

A reset cured it too...
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Well it frucked up once today, but it seems to be better. I've tried sleeping it and then waking it up, and it seems to be working.

Thanks, everybody!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Jack problem? | HP iPod vs. Apple iPod »