New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - iPod Touch....Any good?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

klcc88

klcc88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/4grm/200ghd/256mvideo

What's my best buy?

I've got my MBP so don't need any laptop. I'm looking for a portable device and already have a 160gig classic ipod, a 20gig U2 Ipod. I live in Canada and they don't have an iphone yet! and I have a company Blackberry pearl so don't need the phone of a iphone........so I was thinking of a itouch 32gig.....the only concern I have is I wonder how many places have wifi hotspots in major centers ie..shopping centers? since I spend a lot of time waiting for my wife and kids so instead of sleeping in the car I can go and in and play on the itouch and check emails and browse.

Comments are appreciated on folks who have the itouch and what they have experience and if they are what they thought they were when they bought it....

Thanks

forgot to mentioned that I have a $250 GC for Futureshop and Canada only has the itouch as the iphone as yet to arrive officially in Canada...as mentioned about I don't need the phone as i already have a bberry from work...

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You have a 160GB iPod and a Blackberry, maybe you should be asking yourself whether you really need a touch. Mainly because free Wi-Fi hotspots aren't really that ubiquitous, most require you to pay either a per use fee or have some sort of subscription. So without that one major drawing factor, the only reason I see for you getting a touch is simply because you want one. Not saying that's a bad thing, but in that case, you really don't need anybody here to justify your desire.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

It seems like you're just looking for a reason to get some new ipod-related device. It doesn't sound like you need anything else...
QUOTE Thanks
MACGIRL34

MACGIRL34 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard

I really like my 32GB Ipod Touch. I am hoping they will get games for it soon since 499.00 is allot to pay for something that you can't legally add stuff to. Over all I like it. I have the 80GB iPod classic and seem to use that more as they have games for it. I have a feeling apple will get games for the touch sooner or later. It would brind allot of money for them if they did.

.Leo my mac kitty... 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Macbook Air 1.8GHZ/2GB/80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPod Classic 80GB, iPod Nano...
MAC CHAT: macgirl3434 see profile
My site: see profile
QUOTE Thanks
klcc88

Yeah....sometimes it's not really a need but more of a want.....:-)

MACGIRL34 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard

I am a tech gadget nut so I like to try the new gadgets out when I can. Eventually I either keep them or sell them or give them to my kids.

.Leo my mac kitty... 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Macbook Air 1.8GHZ/2GB/80GB, iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPod Classic 80GB, iPod Nano...
MAC CHAT: macgirl3434 see profile
My site: see profile
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

with a 160g iPod and a Pearl, the IPT isn't going to do a thing for you. I find I don't use the wifi features of mine very often because of the lack of truly freely accessible hotspots (I guess I don't get to hang around in coffee shops enough).
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

It would actually be really useful on college campuses or workplaces with Wi-Fi networks.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Luckykelleyk

Luckykelleyk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
It would actually be really useful on college campuses or workplaces with Wi-Fi networks.
Yep I use mine at school all the time! Not all the buildings have wi-fi but most of them do....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone remember this? | Please, Please help »