New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Bookmarking audio

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

papatrpt89

papatrpt89 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have an iPod Classic. I listen to alot of livesets (DJ mixes, tend to be 2 hours +). These come in straight mp3 format, downloaded from the web.

What I am wondering is how to set a bookmark, so I can come back to a liveset after listening to other music on my iPod. These are not podcasts, which automatically bookmark.

Any ideas as to how I can do this?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

click on the song and click info (apple key I) go to options and click remember playback position.
QUOTE Thanks
papatrpt89

papatrpt89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadz View Post
click on the song and click info (apple key I) go to options and click remember playback position.
You, good sir, have just saved me a lot of time and hassle. Thanks a bunch! A second question, though this one is more speculative than anything. Is there any way to set this as the default for all tracks in the library, or even better, for a certain playlist?

Thanks again for the quick response!

EDIT: I answered my own question. You can highlight multiple items, and select Get Info for all of them, and then change the option there.
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

Another option, depending on where you get these from, the creator can tag this in Itunes before sending it out. (that's what podcasters do)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hesitation on my ipod | iPod Nano won't sync songs »