New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Moving Songs with IPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SusanK

SusanK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8

Is there a way to move the contents of my iPod (mini) from one computer to another? I have a Windows desktop, a Windows laptop and a new Mac Pro on the way. I am giving the Windows desktop away, so I removed iTunes and all my songs from that machine. I downloaded iTunes onto the Windows laptop and plugged the iPod in, but I can't find a way to download the contents of the iPod into the laptop??? I will want to do the same thing when the MacPro arrives. Or will I have to import all 100+ CD's from scratch again?
Thanks,
Susan
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

To transfer music from the iPod to a Mac, get yourself a program called Senuti. To transfer the music to a Windows computer, use PodPlayer

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
cowasaki

cowasaki is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
To transfer music from the iPod to a Mac, get yourself a program called Senuti. To transfer the music to a Windows computer, use PodPlayer
Thanks, that helps me too!

Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.
QUOTE Thanks
starbucksbear

starbucksbear is on a distinguished road

Senuti does not work for me AT ALL. I simply end up with some sort of void/blank file downloaded....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod 5th gen problem, won't sync because of permissions | Two fingers pinch, a weird thing... »