Thread: shuffle modes

Specs:
    MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
    shuffle modes
    hey all. i got a question here. i got an ipod touch today, and i love the thing but there's one problem. on all the old ipods you could have it shuffle albums, a feature i grew to love over the years. it seems, however, apple has decided not to include this feature in the touch. am i blind or is there some extra tweaking needed?

Specs:
    15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
    What exactly do you mean? Shuffle entire albums, so it will play through one album and then randomly pick another and play through all the songs on it?

If that's what you mean it appears they have taken that feature out, as I just looked an you can't. You can obviously shuffle through all your songs though, song by song.

If that indeed was a feature it sounds cool.
    l 8GB iPhone 3G l 15" Macbook Pro l Powerbook G4 15" l 8GB iPod Touch l 4GB iPod Mini l

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Quote Originally Posted by mck_tj05 View Post
    hey all. i got a question here. i got an ipod touch today, and i love the thing but there's one problem. on all the old ipods you could have it shuffle albums, a feature i grew to love over the years. it seems, however, apple has decided not to include this feature in the touch. am i blind or is there some extra tweaking needed?
    Do you mean shuffling the tracks on an individual album? or shuffling whole albums? If it's the former . . . .

You can find the shuffle button by playing an album then touch the artwork to bring up the time slider bar to the left are the repeat options, to the right is the shuffle button.

If you go into the music then into Albums (rather than cover flow) you can choose shuffle directly from the track listing - it appears at the top of the list of tracks

HTH
    mrplow

Specs:
    Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
    The ability is there, but for some reason Apple decided to not include the option of Album shuffle in settings. People who have jailbroken their touches have been able to turn this on using a preference app. That is all I will say.
    Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
    Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
    Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepugs View Post
    What exactly do you mean? Shuffle entire albums, so it will play through one album and then randomly pick another and play through all the songs on it?

If that's what you mean it appears they have taken that feature out, as I just looked an you can't. You can obviously shuffle through all your songs though, song by song.

If that indeed was a feature it sounds cool.
    yes that's exactly what i'm talking about but i guess apple decided to show no love on that one.

Do you mean shuffling the tracks on an individual album? or shuffling whole albums? If it's the former . . . .

You can find the shuffle button by playing an album then touch the artwork to bring up the time slider bar to the left are the repeat options, to the right is the shuffle button.

If you go into the music then into Albums (rather than cover flow) you can choose shuffle directly from the track listing - it appears at the top of the list of tracks

HTH
    mrplow
    not quite what i was looking for, but thanks.

The ability is there, but for some reason Apple decided to not include the option of Album shuffle in settings. People who have jailbroken their touches have been able to turn this on using a preference app. That is all I will say.
    i;'m not sure i want to jailbreak mine, i heard it's really tricky with 1.1.3...

Specs:
    Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
    I wouldn't mind that feature. Hopefully Apple turns it on in a firmware update.
    Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
    Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
    Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)

Specs:
    i really hope so. im already missing it so much.

Thread Information