New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Where to send Nano for testing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

Hello,

i'm looking for somewhere to send my iPod out for a diagnostic.
I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I know for sure the battery is shot, but the screen doesn't light up and it doesnt show up on my mac. Anyway,
what's the cheapest place to send the iPod JUST for testing?
I don't want to pay that much, just have it tested, if you took one look at the condition of this Nano you would understand lol.
Does anyone on the forum do testing?
Anyone had a good experience with RapidRepair?

Thanks,
Tanner.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

I was about to mention rapidrepair, I haven't used them myself, I do know they have been around for quite some time. PDAsmart is a pretty good source, they have been around for a long time as well. http://www.pdasmart.com/ipodpartscenternano.htm

With all that's wrong with it, it might not be very cost effective to get it repaired, it might end up being cheaper purchasing a brand new one.

QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
I was about to mention rapidrepair, I haven't used them myself, I do know they have been around for quite some time. PDAsmart is a pretty good source, they have been around for a long time as well. http://www.pdasmart.com/ipodpartscenternano.htm

With all that's wrong with it, it might not be very cost effective to get it repaired, it might end up being cheaper purchasing a brand new one.
You're probably right there, but i'll at least pay like $10 to get it tested, we aren't sure what's wrong with it. I gave it to my 13 year old brother, he told me it was broken and it wasnt playing sound, then he said the battery wasn't installed. I reattached the battery and it came up on my mac, but still nothing on the screen. But I concluded the battery wasnt good because as soon as i unplugged it after a while it turned off. While it was mounting on my mac, i found my way to the songs, and after using my Apple headphones, it was playing sound. I think it was because he wasn't using Apple headphones. So I THINK it might just need a new battery, but that doesn't explain the screen issues. Or does it? I have an external battery and i'm for the AAs to charge.
But i'm just going to get a list of what it needs and if its not bad i'll pick up the parts off ebay. Batteries and screens are cheap, I know the click wheel is good too. Just the LB im worried about.
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

OH and I dont see myself buying a NEW nano.
The video nanos arent as practical to me as the 2nd/1st gens.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
OH and I dont see myself buying a NEW nano.
The video nanos arent as practical to me as the 2nd/1st gens.
i agree.

blah

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeier82 View Post
i agree.

blah
I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way, people think im CRAZY when i say i would take a 2nd gen over a 3rd!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Removing photos from iPod Photo | 8gb vs 16gb »