New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

HP iPod vs. Apple iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dziner

What's the difference? I saw the HP iPod commercial today and was surprised to see a white iPod and not a blue iPod which I was expecting. Prices look like they're the same... so what's the difference?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

HP name on it and you can get "tattoo's" on them....instead of having the white iPod you could get the case too look like some bands or something like that

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

I saw that... but I wouldn't consider that much of a selling point. What would keep people from applying these "tattoo's" to any iPod?
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

Nothing at all.

There is no difference at all, apart from the HP logo.

The reason HP are selling them is to attract a much larger group of people. So when your average Joe goes into PC World to buy his Compaq/HP computer for him and his kids, he'll be offered a HP MP3 player (i.e. iPod) to go with it.
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

Ok, that sounds good enough for me. Looks like Apple is simply branching it's distribution channel.
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

Certainly is - and quite right too. Jobs has made the same 'mistake' he made many years ago, whether it's a mistake or not is yet to be discovered, but Apple need to get as much of the market share as possible for their system to work. This is going to be like VHS vs. Betamax back in the 80s
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Or mac vs. Windows early 90's.

I bet that Job has finally agreed that the OS wars are over, and instead wants to supplement the Computer part of apple with the music part.

To do that, he has to win the online-music-store / mp3-player war.

And instead of fighting it alone, he is getting other big players to adopt the iTunes music store by offering them the glamour & stylishness of the iPod.

Very clever if you ask me - it's not going to make people switch, but it'll get them to the iTMS...
QUOTE Thanks
digitaleyeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheep
Nothing at all.

There is no difference at all, apart from the HP logo.

The reason HP are selling them is to attract a much larger group of people. So when your average Joe goes into PC World to buy his Compaq/HP computer for him and his kids, he'll be offered a HP MP3 player (i.e. iPod) to go with it.
Actually not entirely true. The harddrive inside the hp is made by a different company.
QUOTE Thanks
petrified pixie

Only thing is..I'd rather MAC stuff not be as popular. I kinda like it how it is...although we all know apple is better....and we would NEVER go back... I just don't really want EVERYONE using apple products...weird...maybe...but...when I saw that apple had hooked up distribution with HP I wasn't very impressed....can't explain it..lol weird.

-a computer is as a computer does-
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod mini won't resume from sleep | colour ipod? »