New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Keeping all podcasts off of my Nano 3G?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mystic_fm

mystic_fm will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM

Can anyone tell me why, even though I've got the Sync checkbox unchecked in the Podcasts tab of my Nano 3G in iTunes (Mac OS X), when I plug the Nano in to sync it with my music library, it often starts putting podcasts on the Nano as well (and then complains that there isn't enough room)? The only way I've been able to get those podcasts back off of the iPod when syncing is to also tell iTunes to "only sync checked songs and videos", and then go in and manually uncheck each and every podcast, which is a pain. So what's the story here? Am I doing something wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Do you have your Recently Played playlist syncing with your Nano? It's possible that there are podcasts in that playlist, and as such, are being synced to your Nano.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

iLindzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

Do you have your iTunes / Nano to automatically sync when the iPod is plugged in?

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.
QUOTE Thanks
mystic_fm

I do have my Nano and iTunes set to automatically sync.

Good idea on the Recently Played playlist, except that there aren't any podcasts on that. However, there WERE several new podcasts on my Recently Added playlist, and now I suspect that's where the synced podcasts are coming from (as it is always the latest downloaded ones that seem to get pushed onto the Nano).

Is there some way for me to keep all of my music automatically syncing and still remove a playlist from syncing? It looks to me like the only way I can exclude a playlist is by selecting to only have selected playlists synced, and I don't have all of my music in playlists. Maybe if I create an automatic playlist that includes all of my music?
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

if you are usin smart playlists you need ta select podcast and chose faulse. (see pic)
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 4.png (44.3 KB, 6 views)
QUOTE Thanks
mystic_fm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallooza View Post
if you are usin smart playlists you need ta select podcast and chose faulse. (see pic)
I'll give that a try. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If you want to get rid of specific playlists, go to the Music tab and remove the check next to the playlists you don't want to sync.

Though I'm thinking Fallooza's idea is better if you want to keep all playlists synced.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
mystic_fm

With the help of all of your combined words of wisdom, I think I've figured it out. I did change my settings to only sync with selected playlists. I then added an all-music smart playlist that basically just excludes podcasts and video files, and enabled that one for syncing (along with the other playlists I actually use). Seems to have worked like a charm, and now I've got all of my music plus enough space left over for the next CD or two that I buy (yay!).

Thanks everyone! I'd never even noticed that podcasts were showing up in the "Recently Added" playlist until you guys set me on the right track.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Vortex game soundtrack | printing »