iPod Nano For The Wife
    My wife and I recently purchased a new Mac and I have set up my iPod Video in iTunes. I am considering giving my wife an iPod Nano for Valentines Day but am concerned about whether or not two iPods can coexist on one Mac. I have my own userid and she hers. I'm thinking that since, virtually this is two seperate computers that iTunes will see each as one on either userid. Is this a true assumption or is there something I need to do to keep them seperate? TIA!

Specs:
    iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano
    I believe that you can even manage two different ipods separately on the same user account. At least that was the case when I plugged in my wife's nano (got it for her for xmas). When I plugged it into my mac there was no confusion in iTunes. It just asked me if I wanted to register it.

So having separate users on the machine, you're totally covered.

Quote Originally Posted by giulio View Post
    I believe that you can even manage two different ipods separately on the same user account. At least that was the case when I plugged in my wife's nano (got it for her for xmas). When I plugged it into my mac there was no confusion in iTunes. It just asked me if I wanted to register it.

So having separate users on the machine, you're totally covered.
    Thank you giulio for the quick response and information.

aahmac

Specs:
    MacBook 2ghz,1 GB, 250 gig
    sorry guys for bumping into the forum,but am i being stupid or what? how the heck do you start a new thread. supposedly theres a new thread tab at the top of the page,but either its not there,or i need a dog (blinddog). help appreciated

Specs:
    MacBook 2ghz,1 GB, 250 gig
    finaly found it.didnt realize you have to go to a topic first. dooowww.

Specs:
    iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
    Quote Originally Posted by aahMac View Post
    My wife and I recently purchased a new Mac and I have set up my iPod Video in iTunes. I am considering giving my wife an iPod Nano for Valentines Day but am concerned about whether or not two iPods can coexist on one Mac. I have my own userid and she hers. I'm thinking that since, virtually this is two seperate computers that iTunes will see each as one on either userid. Is this a true assumption or is there something I need to do to keep them seperate? TIA!
    To add on what giulio said:
    You can have up to 5 Apple ID's in iTunes on any computer. You can use as many iPods as you want in iTunes. (Store>Authorize Computer).
    Computer & TV: MacBook Pro 15-inch, Intel 2.2. iMac 20-inch, Intel 2.4. AppleTV 40G
    iPod: Nano black 4G, Touch 8G
    Phone: iPhone 4G

Thread Information