New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Confusion on apple site about price of the iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

morty192

morty192 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.16ghz White

something weird happening here i went to buy a 16GB touch so i had a look at the specs and lo and behold I noticed a unexplainable difference in the pricing?? between the main price anf the price in the specs table can anyone clarify why this is? Here's the link. http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje...ily/ipod_touch

if you click compare you'll see the price for the product is listed differently how come?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Not sure what you're getting at. The 8GB model is cheaper than the 16GB model. What exactly are we looking for?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
morty192

hope this will allow you to see it clearer look at the bold price above the buy now button then look at the compare specs rice for the same 16GB model unless im very much mistaken theres a differance and I'm trying to work out why.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem with apple.jpg (174.4 KB, 30 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Oh, I see what you're getting at. Hmm, that's rather odd. Could very well be a typo on the bottom price. Now I don't know how UK law works, but I highly doubt you'll get Apple to honor the lower price.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Looks like a big mistake, I would call them on it and see what happens.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
morty192

when you say call do you mean phone them up or do you mean as in continue with your purchase because i went quite a way through it and it still wants to charge me 269 surly false advertisement is illegal?? lol
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

call them up and tell them what you see on the site.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

UK law doesn't force them to honor the price - errors are exempt. If you ring them they might cut you some slack and do a deal though.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Is it shipping charges?

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
morty192

doubt its shipping charges as every other range of ipod is listed at the correct price just funy how the two touch models are not

EDIT: Just got off the phone with some guy from the south and he caimed it was just a mistake and did even offer to give it to me for that price for pointing it out to them
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

iLindzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty192 View Post
doubt its shipping charges as every other range of ipod is listed at the correct price just funy how the two touch models are not

EDIT: Just got off the phone with some guy from the south and he caimed it was just a mistake and did even offer to give it to me for that price for pointing it out to them
You should be happy then... What's with all the sad faces?

It was a good catch on your part and I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.
QUOTE Thanks
morty192

meant to say didn't lol thats what the sad face is about
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Update Buggy in Safari | how do i buy the update on vista! »