New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Is now the time to buy a touch?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

morty192

morty192 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.16ghz White

With no major announcement about the ipods at the keynote is now the time to buy an ipod touch and if so where would you recommend a purchase of a 16gb and extras such as case and screen protector if neccessary?

morty
QUOTE Thanks
Neo

Neo is a jewel in the roughNeo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1

ha ha surely you jest. There's an iPod Touch update! Wait a couple weeks, so you won't need to upgrade for $20.
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Isn't the update already available? Anyway, now's a good time to get the Touch.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
ha ha surely you jest. There's an iPod Touch update! Wait a couple weeks, so you won't need to upgrade for $20.
If Apple is charging current touch owners $20 for the apps, what makes you think they'll include it in the ones that ship over the next couple of weeks? I'm thinking Apple is going to keep the touches at stock and charge everybody who wants the apps.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
If Apple is charging current touch owners $20 for the apps, what makes you think they'll include it in the ones that ship over the next couple of weeks? I'm thinking Apple is going to keep the touches at stock and charge everybody who wants the apps.
Well, the store website states it includes those apps. Sounds to me like the upgrade is only for current owners.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

If that's the case, then it's just cruel.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

They'll have to offer the updates on any Touch's not yet sold, the same way they do with the Macs on the shelves when a new OS comes out. You would have to be a fool to buy one without it now.

So does this mean MS>Apple since MS offered their software updates to the Zune for free??

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

Shame on apple for this cheap move of theirs.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
So does this mean MS>Apple since MS offered their software updates to the Zune for free??
That's what I was thinking. If Apple could go ahead and offer a software update for its AppleTV for free, why couldn't it do the same for its iPod touch on the same day? This was just a petty move on Apple's part. And no way are those apps worth $20, not when they should have been on the device in the first place.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
morty192

well does anyone have any advice on where I should buy from and what cover and protection to get for it?
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

It is pretty sleazy and almost looks premeditated since everyone knows how easy it is to get those apps on a jailbroken Touch. Next to the free update for the Apple TV, it looks even worse.

Probably the online store is best unless you have an Apple store nearby. I think Incase makes some of the best cases/sleeves, so you should check them out.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

This is what drives users to Piracy...
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
If the market share were reversed, I'm guessing the actions would be as well.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
morty192

ok guys i'm thinking about getting this case http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje...es&mco=FF798E9
for my touch and what I want to know is will i need a screen film to protect the screen?
QUOTE Thanks
proxy

proxy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb

tbh i dont mind that they charged for it as well if you pay a small amount of money for all this new stuff apple will be able to keep working on it and adding more apps and stuff

if you expect it to be free there will be less updates and they might even stop giving updates and make u buy an hole new touch for the extra stuff
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Moving external HD from PC to Mac: iTunes help | ipod won't turn off since update »