New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

keeweepoo

keeweepoo is on a distinguished road

I have an ipod classic and work out of Mac OS 10. I bought it on e-bay and although it ipod has frozen twice in the last five months, turning it off then on has solved the problem. Then last week I was on a plane and it started going through each song in the playlist that I selected -- just showing the names and not playing anything -- until it went through the whole playlist and then went back to the menu screen like nothing had happened. Trying to fix it, I reset the ipod by toggling the hold switch and holding down the select and menu button until the apple icon showed up. Then a screen showed for me to select the language, I selected English, and it went to the normal menu screen and all my music was gone. When I tried to hook it up to my computer to re-load my songs, an error message kept coming up on my computer with a big exclamation mark that says
Disk Insertion
The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.
Initialize Ignore Eject

Initializing takes me to a dead end. The ipod itself says "do not disconnect" while it's connected, so I know it knows it's connected, and when it is ejected and unplugged from the computer, the ipod makes me select the language again (every time I do it). I've read that some restored their ipod and then everything was fine, but I can't because my computer isn't recognizing my ipod at all. The ipod never shows any error messages and works fine... I just can't get my music on to it! I've tried other USB ports, other computers and get the same results. Resetting my ipod again also did nothing. I tried shutting down the computer and turning the ipod off and back on, nada. My ipod is charged. What can I do??? Please help
QUOTE Thanks
iMarla

iMarla is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook G4, Ipod Nano Gen 3 & Gen 2

I just got a Nano Gen 3 (I have a Gen 3 and a mini also) but when I plug the Nano G3 in I get the same message, turns out, it's because I am running OS 10.3.9 and it needs a newer OS. Is your classic a brand new one? That could be the problem, I'm running panther and the Gen 3 needs Tiger or newer.
Good luck!! It's a bummer I know!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New iPod Nano Screen Problem. PLEASE help! | Do the 3G Nanos have the same lock-up after sync problem that the 2G models had? »