New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - 1st gen 10gb ipod no longer connects to computer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gary61071

gary61071 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video

Hello everyone,

New member here. I posted my ipod problem on the Apple Discussions page a few weeks back and thought I'd try over here.

I've had my old iPod for over 4 years now and as of a couple months ago it lost its ability to connect to my imac. Doesn't show up on iTunes or anywhere on the computer. However, while connected to the computer, the battery gets recharged. I've tried using other firewire cables, plugging into the other firewire port (other firewire devices work, so bad ports is not an issue) and restoring the ipod. No results. iPod plays music just fine, but just can no longer upload new tunes. Original battery died recently and was replaced. I was hoping that doing so would return the ipod back to normal, but it didn't.

Anyone have a similar problem or know of any solutions? Bad logic board perhaps?

Thanks,
Gary
QUOTE Thanks
shadyboi

shadyboi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig

you might want to try restarting the ipod while it is connected to your imac and while itunes is open.it solves this kind of problems,and you should take a look at apple's ipod troubleshot pages.
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/wheel/ --this should help you.

Just be nice and helpful...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Registering the Touch | Ripping DVD's to iPod format »