New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Auto import to iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fruvos

fruvos is on a distinguished road

I wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of something that would solve this problem for me ... first a bit about my setup.

At home I have a 24" iMac which hosts the library for my iPod (a 16Gb Touch), with all my music files being stored on a NAS drive under our stairs. For safety purposes, I have a nightly backup job which copies my music files from my NAS drive to a 2.5" external drive hooked up to my iMac.

When I go off on holiday, I tend to take my MacBook with me and use it as a media centre (through Front Row). Ideally I'd like to now use the 2.5" backup so that I have my entire library with me without having to load it all onto the MacBook. The problem I have is that while my iPod library is up to date on the iMac, every time I look to use the external drive with my MacBook I need to manually re-import any new music which has been added to the drive since the last sync.

So at last the question ... is there an app I can run on my MacBook which automatically adds new music found on the external drive to my iTunes library? So that iTunes monitors the folders and adds automatically? Would be great if it did, as would save me doing what I have to at the moment - delete the library on the MacBook and re-import the whole folder structure again.

Any advice appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Audio distortion in songs and my 80GB iPod. | Blinking light »