New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - End of Songs getting Cut Off!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Skalor

Skalor is on a distinguished road

Ive had my 30GB Video Ipod (is that 5th generation? not sure) for half a year now probably.

Never have songs cut off - what i mean by that is, when the song reaches a certain point, it goes straight to the end, but stays at the end for the minute or w.e until the song WOULD have finished. And it doesnt do this on Itunes, JUST the Ipod.

Now randomly songs are cutting off. Ones that worked previously, now some cut off. And I beleive theres some connection with the Album Art work or Song Details.

Ive had songs with the Album Art work (which i copied from another song) now cutting off. I re import them into Itunes WITHOUT Art Work and they work. Problem solved you might say, but I would rather have Album art work and Id like to understand this problem so I know what do in future.

Hope you can help! Thanks

EDIT: By Deleting the Album Art, removing the song from ITunes, Re-Importing it, Re-Syncing IPod the songs work. Only im annoyed I cant have my Album Art. Does anyone know how I can add Album Art without this happening?
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

My wife had the same issue, and the same solution. Delete and re-import the songs. She thinks she must have had an iTunes cross fading setting wrong when she did the original import. Is this a possible cause for you?

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
fiveightandten

fiveightandten has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Black 2.0GHz C2D- 120GB/2Gb * Mac Mini G4 1.42GHz- 80GB/512MB

Also, funny things will happen to your iPod if you disconnect it when it says "Do Not disconnect". Not sure if that ever happened.

A friend of mine disconnected his at a bad time, and every track 2 for every CD from a band that started with the letter B got deleted. The track names were still there, but the iPod would just skip them.

-Nick
QUOTE Thanks
Skalor

Skalor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac57 View Post
My wife had the same issue, and the same solution. Delete and re-import the songs. She thinks she must have had an iTunes cross fading setting wrong when she did the original import. Is this a possible cause for you?
No im certain its noting to do with crossfading. Your right reimporting DOES solve the problem, but when u apply Album Art it makes the songs cut again.

So its ok if i dont add album art, i can live without the art, but i would like to know a solution where the songs are fine after i re-add the album art.

Thanks guys
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« upload from ipod? | Ipod touch thin case.. »