New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Music skipping

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

This is the very first problem i'm having with my iPod Nano 2nd Gen. I just put a whole new set of songs onto my MBP and onto my Nano, and this is when it started to happen. The songs just seem to skip to different random parts of the song. And it also has started to skip to different tracks without me even touching the dial. What could be happening?

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
homer_j

homer_j will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.

what os you running? I have noticed that happening a bit since I got leopard. I run my music from an external HD though so presumed it had something to do with the network signal yo-yoing

Just to add there is a software update for itunes which says it fixes some bugs

Just the road and my MBP.. wohoo.. No wireless networks - DOH! Oh well, wheres my ipod! :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

I have 10.4 Tiger for the OS

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

how were these files encoded?

I had a couple of files encoded with audacity and they skipped to the end about a quarter the way through (converted from a aiff file) with my 6 gen ipod.

I re-encoded them with max quality then re-encoded them using itunes

the skipping went away - I think some tracks not encoded using itunes are showing this problem
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Well I had a tune bought at iTMS that would skip the song when there was still about two minutes left to the song. It played well on the iMac but not at all on the iPod, go figure.

I tried different things, in the end reinitializing/resetting the iPod as an Apple Support/Knowledge Base article said, all to no avail. I got fed up and deleted the dang song from my iPod. Till the day I was looking around in my CD collection and saw that I had the same song on a CD. Imported the song, added it to my iPOd and there is absolutely no problems with the imported song.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

I had this problem a couple years ago, but I can't remember what I did to fix it. BTW all my songs are from CD's and the iTunes music store, mainly CD's.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

MacHeadCase?

Can we put an answer as a sticky if the encode using itunes works

Just saying because I have dealt with this issue on a number of threads, seems to be an issue with the latest ipods

Whenever I have a file encoded using Lame this issue crops up - I only hope Apple fixes it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Touch: Video in iTunes-won't transfer to iPod | Can you setup multiple ipods with one itunes account? »