New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - So I wanna add cd's to my ipod...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bhealy

Bhealy is on a distinguished road

I already have 2 playlists. How do I save the playlists that I made to my harddrive, btw?
Do I have to backup everything on my ipod to my harddrive?

Second, I have "manually manage music and videos" checked.
I just ripped a bunch of cd's and they all went into my iTunes library, but they didn't go into my iPod library after I hit "sync".

How do I make them go into my iPod library each time I rip one?
I thought they'd just go onto my iPod when I hit sync but they aren't.
Do I need to de-select "manually manage"?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If you have manually manage checked, you've told it not to sync, that you're going to do it manually, by drag-n-drop.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Bhealy

What I'd like to do is save my 2 playlists that I have on the iPod, and re load the cd's onto the ipod.

How do I save my playlists? I just wanna start over and then drag and drop my playlists back on and then reload the cd's.

Unless there's something better that I can do.
I don't know enough about iTunes and how it works.
It says all my stuff will be replaced by whats in the iTunes library.
But my playlists aren't in the library, are they?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't have a clue whether they're in your Library or not.

Where did these playlists come from - the same computer you are now connecting to or a different one?

Are the playlists on your ipod also on the computer you're connecting to?

Just drag-n-drop from the system to the ipod the ones you want to add....

Don't know if you can move playlists from the ipod to the computer or not, have yet to have a need to do that myself... try drag-n-drop from the ipod to the computer and see if it works.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Bhealy

I just drag dropped a bunch of songs and created a couple of playlists out of them.
They came from the computer, yeah.

See, if my ipod gets wiped somehow when I tell it to auto sync, I don't want to lose the playlists that is on iTunes.
I just want some way to put the lists aside somewhere. Maybe I'll just have to get a cd and use that to back them up.
QUOTE Thanks
Bhealy

I put my ipod on auto control tonight and sync'd a bunch of cd's to it.

But when it's on auto I can't drag and drop anymore.
I used to just drag files to my playlists and sync them no fuss no problem.
Now when my ipod is set to manual (letting me drag and drop files) I can't sync cd's.

Can't I sync cd's AND drag and drop files onto my ipod at the same time??
It doesn't seem like it should be this complicated.

*edit* There must be some check box I'm missing or something because basically, either I load/sync cd's onto my ipod or I click "manual" and enable drag and drop. I can't do both with my settings right now.
I know before I was able to create playlists (drag drop from my computer to my iTunes/ipod) and I was also able to load cd's and hit "Sync" and they'd show up on my ipod.
Now it's either/or NOT both.
Something's wrong but I don't know what.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« touch uses | How do i add playlists to my ipod? »