New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - FM Transmitter

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nolgster

nolgster is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: powerbook g4

Can anyone suggest a good FM Transmitter that I can use with my Ipod Touch. I saw a bunch of them at the apple store but im not sure which one is reliable.

Thanks for the help.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

The iTrip will probably work fine.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I like the kensington ones. They make them that plug into the bottom of the ipod and charge it, and they make ones that plug into the headphone adapter.
QUOTE Thanks
JeffBookPro

JeffBookPro is on a distinguished road

iTrip works fine, I have it on mine. I also use the tuneflex AUX from griffin to charge the ipod touch, and the pass through connection allows the itrip to be used at the same time.

Macbook- 2.16GHz core 2 duo/2GB RAM/120GB Hard Drive
iMac 20" Aluminum 2.4GHz core 2 duo/4GB RAM/250GB Hard Drive
PC 3.5 GHz core 2 duo/8GB RAM/160GB Hard Drive/Nvidia GTX 275
QUOTE Thanks
elbolao23

elbolao23 is on a distinguished road

well for me it sucked....both. i guess living in Miami and having all this radio stations dont really mix good with this thing.. to much static...i ended u buying the cable, digital sound, and no loss of quality

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Live in a city where there are no channels without someone broadcasting on it. I primarily listen to audiobooks so any static is noticeable.

Have the Griffin one myself. It works fine and will override the over the air signal by selecting one of the really weak stations. The drawback is the adjustable arm the ipod sits in. Really depends on where your outlet is located in the vehicle. It's location is OK in my truck, but bites in the car. You will not want to have the arm set out to the side supporting the weight of the ipod, or when you go over bumps, it will move and end up turning itself off.

If had to do it over again, would go with a style similar to the Kensington to alleviate this problem. Would also be able to then hold it in your hand instead of having to reach under the steering wheel or around the shifter and away from the road.

And naturally, if you have an aux input, that is the way to go instead of a transmitter.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« unlocking a protected m4p | Mac Requirements »