New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

scratch removal?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Icarus

M'kay, so my 4th generation ipod has had to survive without a case for maybe three weeks now, most because Apple didn't have a case that I liked.
For this very reason, my precious ipod got fairly scratched up...but none of the scratches are real deep.

So I noticed there are 'scratch removal' products on just about every ipod site ever, so I am wondering if that works or if it is a waste of my money.

Thanks, 'yall!
QUOTE Thanks
gailwin

don't trust that crap you see on the internet.

SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
QUOTE Thanks
flonejek

Use brasso, it works really well. Just a note, make sure you don't oversoak the cottonball when doing the plastic side, if you do the plastic may go very slightly matte. The best trick is to rub it for about 5-10 mins on the plastic side with the same cottonball and dip of brasso. The metal part takes a lot longer to remove scratches from with brasso, so if you were in a hurry I'd reccomend autosol. That has very fine spherical abrasive particles in it, and it also works really well. I've got one deep scratch which i couldn't get rid off, but the brasso/autosol combo made my iPod look like new! (I had quite a few scratches too, I think most of the cases are ugly/bulky
QUOTE Thanks
Icarus

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
joeR

Put these on where you are done. ( Pod Shields ) they keep my baby scratch free.
QUOTE Thanks
daxdagr8t

just make a skin of your own.buy a laminating plastic and make a template, cut then apply, it will only cost you $7 plus 15min of work.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

You can even download a template (do a search for diy ipod case) and use that as a rough guide...
QUOTE Thanks
inyaki73086

USE i cleaner www.icleaner.com its the best stuff i used it on my 4g and it works beautiful , looks brand new, its only 17 bucks but sooo worth it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« inCase damaged my iPod's screen | manual connect »