New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Can't sync vids to new Ipod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bhealy

Bhealy is on a distinguished road

I just got a 5.5G 80 gig and I went to re-sync my 2 music playlists and videos back onto the new ipod (my old one got stolen) and the videos and tv shows won't go to the ipod.
They are in iTunes. How do I sync them with out losing my playlists?

I get this message when going to hit "sync" Are you sure you want to sync all tv shows? All existing songs movies and tv shows on my ipod will be removed and replaced with TV shows from your iTunes library.

Now I had the shows on my ipod before but I don't want to mess anything up now that my playlists are back. So how do I get the tv shows back?
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

jonnyd has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

I'd have thought it was just warning you that it's going to empty and refill the new Ipod - if it wasn't a new one, the implication is that it would remove anything already on it that isn't in your library.

As it is a new one, you can probably ignore that.

How about you make a new playlist with just a few things in it, to test? If that works OK, sync the big ones.
QUOTE Thanks
Bhealy

It doesn't make sense to me. It SEEMS like it wants to eliminate everything on my ipod and replace it with whatever catagory I want to sync. Be it tv or movies or photos or whatever.

That cant be right can it? Well, right now I have a bunch of cd's and 2 playlists that I don't want to lose.
So it's not empty or anything.

Every tv show also has a ! by it so the actual file isn't even on my hard drive anymore!

But even if it was, I'd still have to figure this out.
I also have a bunch of trailers that ipod can't play in their current format so I have to have iTunes reformat them too, don't I?
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

jonnyd has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhealy View Post
It doesn't make sense to me. It SEEMS like it wants to eliminate everything on my ipod and replace it with whatever catagory I want to sync. Be it tv or movies or photos or whatever.

That cant be right can it? Well, right now I have a bunch of cd's and 2 playlists that I don't want to lose.
So it's not empty or anything.

Every tv show also has a ! by it so the actual file isn't even on my hard drive anymore!

But even if it was, I'd still have to figure this out.
I also have a bunch of trailers that ipod can't play in their current format so I have to have iTunes reformat them too, don't I?
I'm not 100% sure what exactly is the problem yet.

Do you have stuff on your Ipod that isn't in Itunes? If so, yes, you'll need to get that stuff off of the Ipod before you sync it. That's not so hard, but it's not clear from your posts if this is the problem - a playlist is a list of items, it isn't the items themselves.

This doesn't quite reconcile with your original post. If I understood it correctly, you're trying to fill a new Ipod - it wouldn't have anything on it anyway.

I'd suggest you get some application to take everything off the Ipod to your hard disk, then you can experiment with syncing, without the risk of losing anything.
QUOTE Thanks
Bhealy

So, I just deleted my tv shows from iTunes. And I bought an episode of House md. I have it downloaded and I go to hit "Sync" and look for it on my ipod, it's not there.

How do I get it there? I just dragged and dropped the show into a playlist so I can do that now.

But how do I get it into my tv shows or "videos" folder on my ipod automatically?
There must be a option to do that right?

*edit* I just tried to add a tv show to a playlist by drag and drop and I have two identical sets of lists. One, "Devices" and the other below it is "playlists" how do I know which set will show up on my ipod.

I don't remember iTunes being this confusing before. I have 2 playlists created in my ipod that I use. Those 2 playlists show up twice in iTunes. I put my new stuff in the playlist listed in "Devices" and it doesn't show up in ipod. ???
I put the same stuff in the "playlist" branch with the folders of the same names and they show in ipod.

So I have both lists showing up twice and under the "Devices" part, when I put them in they don't show up on the ipod.

This is too messed up.
btw, is there any way to make it so when I download tv shows or movies they show up in my playlist by hitting sync.
I swear it wasn't this confusing before all these iTunes updates.

*edit*
Ok, I figured out that the "Playlist" part is just for iTunes. And the only playlists that my ipod knows about are under "devices".
I still want to know how I can download those shows and have them just show up in Tv shows.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod Touch not being recognised | iJailbreak released! »