Specs:
    MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.
    Touch - Just picked one up.
    I know there are already a couple reviews up, but I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring.

Anyway... I got my 16 GB touch to day, it's uber cool. A couple of things...

It will work with older chargers, I wasn't sure as first because I heard some older accessories don't work. However the charger for my old U2 iPod (4th gen I think) works fine. Saves you 30$ if you have an older charger laying around.

Using a screen protector doesn't interfere with the touch function... This is good news for freaks like me who need excessive protection.

I am loving it though, like most people have said... It's awesome! The only downside is that I couldn't find a case for it, curses! I did get a invisible shield from shieldzone.com, but I'd like to have a actual case for it also... Anyone know where they have them?

Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    I just picked up an 8GB iPod Touch today myself.

How hard was it to apply the invisible shield you purchased? I was looking for a case also but couldn't find any. I would like to get that shield as soon as possible. I had one on my old iPod Video and it worked great.

Specs:
    White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
    I have the one at the link below for my iPhone, and have another case from them for my 2nd gen iPod nano:

http://shop.pacificdesign.com/p-324-...chet-clip.aspx

The cases are well made and seem durable. I found Pacific Design's customer service to be excellent.
    Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
    Integrate me. Differentiate me.
    You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
    I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
    I just picked up an 8GB iPod Touch today myself.

How hard was it to apply the invisible shield you purchased? I was looking for a case also but couldn't find any. I would like to get that shield as soon as possible. I had one on my old iPod Video and it worked great.
    It was... Somewhat easy. I had to re apply it a couple times to get it lined up, but it wasn't a huge deal or anything. I mainly didn't like the price, 25 bucks seems pricey... It's the only thing I could find though, so that's why I got it, generally I prefer actual cases.

Specs:
    Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodevil View Post
    It was... Somewhat easy. I had to re apply it a couple times to get it lined up, but it wasn't a huge deal or anything. I mainly didn't like the price, 25 bucks seems pricey... It's the only thing I could find though, so that's why I got it, generally I prefer actual cases.
    They're tricky suckers . . .

I got one for my old 80gb vid, and in the process of re-applying it 158 times, got some lint on the back, and well it all went pear shaped, and the net result was a $25 piece of plastic in the garbage :d

I must say though, almost a year after I bought the Ipod the screen is still spotless without having used a protector, so I guess I dodged that bullet.

But anyway, I'm here because I got a 16gb touch yesterday. That is a seriously funky piece of gear. I live in Brazil, and they probably won't be in the shops for a while yet, so mine is pretty rare (a friend brought it from the US for me). The wireless connection is a GIANT bonus . . . I'm very pleased with it so far, although to be fair the bigger screen does show up poor quality ripping more than the old one did. I'll live with that though.

Capacity is a bit of a shock too. It's like moving from a big house to a small apartment, albeit a very smart apartment.

The best news is that they're much more expensive here. I can still sell the old 80gb video model for at least as much as I just paid for the Touch. I saw one at the mall this morning, identical to mine, for $900.

Thread Information