Specs:
    24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1
    Daughter's iPod music needs consolidating
    OK, my daughter has an iPod and uses my wife's HP Pavilion to get to the store and buy tunes. The HP is relatively new, and as such, some hundreds of songs are in the older PC as well. So now we have iTunes installed on both machines, and she'd like me to be able to consolidate. I'm even not sure that iTunes will allow her to import music she copied from her CDs. Should I use a blank DVD disk and copy or try to... copy all those songs, and then attempt to download them into iTunes on the Pavilion?

Specs:
    24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1
    Nobody here knows how to do this? All I want to do is find the iTunes files, and burn them all to a 4.7 GB DVD so she can then import same. Backup in iTunes doesn not cut it. It loaded about 100 songs of the 800+ and it says the 4.7 GB DVD is 1.2 Gigs and full????

If it was a typical iTunes setup, then it should be in the My Documents folder if in XP or Documents if in Vista. Under the documents folder, there should be a folder called My Music or Music, and then iTunes. The music should be there.

You may have to deauthorize one computer and then authorize the other to be able to play the computer though. For that, there is an option in one of the iTunes pull down menus that says DeAuthorize/Authorize computer.

Thread Information