Need some iPod help
    Alright, I have a 5th gen Video iPod that I bought about a year and a half ago. For most of that time it was PC formatted and I only updated it from my PC. About 3 or 4 months ago it began showing multiple copies of the same artist. Each copy of these artists (anywhere from 2 to 10 copies) when selected, would display all the music by that artist, not just selected things like it would if the tags were incorrect. I checked the tags anyways and they are all correct. Then I tried switching it to Mac formatted as I recently bought a macbook. I cleared the iPod, restored to factory settings, and then updated to the current version before syncing from my mac. I turned the iPod on, and the problem was still there. This is not for all artists, just for a few here and there.

Again, this is NOT a problem with tags, it is something else. I am very OCD about tags and album art and all that, i KNOW that is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Central California
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    I'm not quite sure I understand your problem.

Are you sure there isn't a hidden space behind the artist's name? I've had artists display twice on my iPod and there was a hidden space after one of the artist tags.

No, it's not anything to do with the tags. For example: Audioslave is listed 8 times, under each of these listing is the same album and song listings, they are all identical entries.

Thread Information