New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - iPod skipping tracks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

logic_user99

logic_user99 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8

So, I bought an album (Damien Rice '9') from the iTunes store, and various tracks (about half of them) won't play on my iPod (last revision of the 30gig video). The tracks play fine via iTunes, and when I play them from the iPod IN iTunes.

Am very confused. I've formatted my iPod and reloaded my library, and yet they still don't play.

This has happened with a couple of tracks in my library, too. Not all the time, however. These Damien Rice tracks don't play at all on the iPod.

Any thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
meatus

meatus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen

Could your iPod possibly be synced with another iTunes account? That's the only thing I can think of. When you play it from iPod in iTunes it would still be your iTunes account that you're logged into iTunes with but when the iPod is by itself it may resort back to the account your iPod is synced with. That's the only thing I can think of really.
QUOTE Thanks
kfordham281

kfordham281 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD

Have you tried to reset the iPod?

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatus View Post
Could your iPod possibly be synced with another iTunes account? That's the only thing I can think of. When you play it from iPod in iTunes it would still be your iTunes account that you're logged into iTunes with but when the iPod is by itself it may resort back to the account your iPod is synced with. That's the only thing I can think of really.
That only happens in iTunes. If you have it on your iPod then it should play fine. The only time you have to deal with authorization is in iTunes itself.

logic_user99 , Maybe your hard drive is going bad?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New iPod Nano protection | Need some iPod help »