New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Should I get a new Nano?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ninapants

Ninapants is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Over the summer I bought a 4 gig green nano to replace my older white nano. In September when the new nanos came out, I regretted buying my ipod before the new ones were released. My brother just got the new 4 gig silver nano last night for his birthday, and today when I was helping him put songs on it, I realized that I really want one because I always wanted to have an ipod that played music videos and had a bigger display. So here's the idea. My mom wants to buy a new nano for herself, but is really not crazy about the video ones. She said that she would glady buy me one of the new video nanos if I gave her my green nano. Sounds good, but my only concern would be saving all my music from my ipod. I don't keep my music files in my library; I delete them after they go on my ipod. Is it possible to use Senuti or some other program to rip my music from my ipod onto my computer to put them on a new ipod?
QUOTE Thanks
p1p3r

p1p3r is an unknown at this point

I would definitely go for the new Nano, they're amazing.

On that note, what I use for that is iPodDisk... it's for Mac, though. I assume you have a Mac because you mentioned Senuti which is a Mac program I think? Lol anyways if you have a Mac, I'd suggest iPodDisk because you can grab your music folder and save it to you computer. Then open your new iPod in iTunes and drag the folder in, done.
If you have a PC... I don't know Haha you'll have to wait for someone else's advice.
Good luck!

Linkage:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19890
QUOTE Thanks
Ninapants

Ninapants is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Thanks for the reply! I don't have a Mac yet, but will be getting one on the 15th.
QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

Yes you should. I just got a touch and LOVE it. I used to have an 8GB nano and having the ability to play vids/movies rox. Try to hold out for the touch if you can so you can surf the web without your computer....

T
QUOTE Thanks
Ge64

Ge64 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM

For PC you can use Anapod Copygear which lets you copy mp3s back from your ipod.

www.endlessparadigm.com - forum for fun people

Irssi, client of the future
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Itunes country change | iPod Classic issues »