New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

"Free iPod" posts...

Thread Closed

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Just as a warning....the next time I see one of these "free iPod" spam posts, that person will automatically be permanently banned. Read the forum rules if you have any questions, paying close attention to bullet number two...

Consider this your warning!

Oh and before you say it....yes....I'm mean and evil :mad:

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

You're mean and evil schweb! thanks for a great post!
CaptainMack

good. those wee starting to get annoying
stevo836

The *deleted* offer does work. It is annoying to go through, but it works.
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo836
The *deleted* offer does work. It is annoying to go through, but it works.
*banned*

Why do people have to test me?

bob

people have been posting those free ipod stuff on spymac as well

it is very anoying
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

although i do not like the ipod spam i think permently banning somebody for that is a little harsh, maybe banning them for like a month or so? and if they do it again banning them for 2 months, and on the third time bann them forever? because you can't just do that, it probually isn't legal since it is not in the rules, they shouldn't give mods that kind of power any way to completly bann someone from using the service.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

If you have a book at home and you tell your friends that they can write their names in it, write stories, but they can't write about cats, because you just don't like cats and if they do, you're not going to allow them to write in that book again. Now is that fair that you can say that since it is your book right? it seems fair to me.. We run these forums because we like to help people, we don't get paid, we take time away from our busy schedule, from work, from our wives to help you guys. I do think that gives us a little bit of a right to figure out what we would like to see on these boards and what we do not want to see. When we see things that take us away from helping and we have to split two people up because they are fighting and causing people on these boards to get angry and upset.. we do what it takes to bring peace back to the boards, so that they boards can once again help others. Those iPod ads, those Mac mini ads are being spammed on forums everywhere, on blogs, every single piece of media that they can get their hands on.. they are spamming it. How does that help newly switched people? it doesnt! How does that help anybody, except to create more spammers because the people that joined now want their free iPods and to do that you have to spam people.. We choose not to allow it.. again the purpose of these forums is to help others and these spam tactics are against the purpose of these forums.

I have not permanently banned anyone, but I have banned them for a set amount of days.. you know what, those iPod posters do not come back.. not because they were banned, but because their job is done.. they've spammed the boards and now they'll go onto the next board to spam them, and then a couple blogs along the way. Then a week later, they'll come back to this forum create a new user name and post some more. Now they have wasted our time and wasted your time this is our book and we want our friends to be able to use this book in the fashion that we set forth.. to help others.. it's against the purpose of our book.. so they are not allowed to use our book anymore.

I hope that clarified it for you
austin

true...but when you ban someone dont you ban their ip address not just their username?
schweb

No, except in very rare cases, we do not ban IP addresses. This is mainly due to the fact that people's IP addresses change and we also don't want to accidentally ban someone who has done nothing wrong simply because they might get the same IP address.

To PowerBookG4: In addition to Murlyn's wonderful reply on the issue, I have to say that we don't normally permanently ban for this issue, just temporary. However, do it again and you will be banned permanently. I see no reason to give anyone more than one warning on this issue since if they do it a second time, they're doing it on purpose regardless of the rules.

djlee12

djlee12 has a spectacular aura about

Hahah. Nice.

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
www.wattsupproductions.com
Daniel

Daniel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.

I hate those things.

Graeme43

Graeme43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I love student discount (sig)

lol @ jesus thing

iBook G3 (2001) 500MHz 384 RAM 9.2.2 / 10.2.8
Titanium PowerBook G4 (2001) 500MHz 768 RAM 9.2.2/10.2.8
Mac Pro (2007) 4x2.66GHz, 6GB RAM, 10.6.7
iPad 3G + iPhone 4
Murlyn

Then why subject the rest of us to it?
MindGame2K6

MindGame2K6 is on a distinguished road

that works

Thread Closed

« Auto sync | audiobooks and podcasts »