Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
    iTouch RoCkS.... A Review
    Hello All,

I finally was able to get the iPod Touch earlier today. Since the announcement of the touch and I've been counting the days, though I was disappointed as there was no reviews on the Forums...

So here goes my Review to those who care!

Looks:

From the Packaging to the actual iPod Touch, it has SLEEK written all over it. It is just Smokin' HOOTT.

Music:

Man oh Man.... Exactly as advertised. Beautiful interface from the Cover Flow to displaying the Album Art in Normal view. Just smoooooth as can be. No glitches or hang ups, smooth operation all the way through. Simply Marvelous.

Videos:

The Touch's screen is just Gorgeous. I played a couple of Music Videos and sampled some of my Movies on it (especially) ones with darker scenes and it just works Grrrreat. Video controls with a tap of the Finger on the screen and again works flawlessly.

You Tube:

You Tube doesn't need Intros. BUT You Tube on the Touch is a whole different experience. Again works just as advertised, with no hiccups. Search, Watch and Bookmark the ones you like in a hear beat, and again the screen is Gorgeous.

Internet/Safari:

WOW... is the best way to describe it. I've been on as many websites I could think of and it just worked no issues no slow downs. Pretty much as fast as my MacBook on WiFi. You have two options to Zoom in on the text of a web page. 1. Double Tap the screen. 2. Pinch out the screen and Voila! Zoom in (My favorite) .

Photos:

Seamless performance, Zoom In & Out using the Pinch in & Out is Sweet.

Contacts:

Not much to say here other than... Simplicity at its best. You Input the info manually and it gives ya the option to select a photo from your Photo Library on the Touch itself if you'd like. Cool Stuff.

KeyBoard & Typing in General:

Thats what I worried about. I saw most people typing on the iPhone with one Finger, and to me thats a big No No. So when I started typing with the Touch's On Screen Keyboard I was amazed. VERY easy to use. Very Easy to get used to. Auto correction works great as well.

Here are some Pictures of the un-boxing. Enjoy.

If you have any questions or if you think I missed something let me know and I'll answer it.

Cheers

you should try signal by http://www.alloysoft.com/
    this is the coolest app I have found for the ipod touch or iphone
    just try the demo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMacMan View Post
    you should try signal by http://www.alloysoft.com/
    this is the coolest app I have found for the ipod touch or iphone
    just try the demo
    Hey BlackMacMan, I love your avatar and have that CD on my iPhone.Glad to see someone around with some old classic rock tastes. Planet P Project was amazing.
    20" iMac aluminum
    13" MBP
    3 iPhones

Specs:
    BlackMacMan. thats looks like a pretty app. I'll download the demo and give it a shot.

Specs:
    macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
    i cant wait to get mine

My favorite is Telekinesis. Lets you stream your entire library at home from any wifi spot. Not to mention, you can take control of your home computer and browse through notes, excel documents, etc.

...and turn on iTunes, crank up the volume, and scare the mess outta anyone that's around in your house that doesn't know...

--R.

(http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis) --I think.

Specs:
    Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz, 512Mb RAM
    What I'd like to know is this: Can you download music from sources other than iTunes? By that I mean eMusic, MySpace, band websites etc?

Without this ability I will probably pass - with it and it's on my Christmas list!

Specs:
    Frattonland, unfortunately no u cant download music from anywhere else other than iTunes.

But its still a solid iPod and the whole WiFi experience is great and again works flawlessly.

Cheers.

Specs:
    White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
    I just got an ipod touch as well! It is by far the coolest device ever. It is soo skinny that sometimes i feel like its difficult to hold or im afraid that it may be very fragile. I am sure that its not fragile, just seems like something so small would be. I love it and spend more time browsing the web on it than i do on my laptop. Great review!
    White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/

Specs:
    imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
    Hey Mina, I really appreciate the review. It's well written and gives me all the info I needed to know.

Sounds like an awesome piece of work!

Thanks again!
    "We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown

Specs:
    itouch
    well i've had my iTouch for 4 days and it broke already! lol the videos are coming out purple and i have a line running down the screen. sux! everything else works fine except for the fact that my itouch is picking up the signal to my schools wifi but says it can't find the server! im bout ready to loosen someones jaw! but im a respectful person! so i'll return it to bestbuy and have those snapperheads take 2 weeks to fix it.

Specs:
    Hey Carol no problem. The Touch is an awesome iPod. Hope that review helped to decide on buying one

DDBooger, Sorry to hear about you misfortune with the Touch. You should take it to best buy and get a replacement looks like you got a defective unit. Good Luck.

Specs:
    itouch
    yes, store cred. till they get some in! but your review is great, and this site will help much more than using google for all my questions!

Specs:
    Thanks... I appreciate it.

Don't let the one bad iTouch you got discourage you. Its an awesome iPod I could go on and on but I think I said too much already in my Original Post

Good Luck with your next purchase.

Cheers

Specs:
    17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
    I ordered mine today. I have to wait a couple of weeks but I'm sure it will be worth it. I hope there will be plenty of third-party applications to install in the near future. Some games and an office suite would be nice.

Thread Information