New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - iPod nano not responsive enough?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kuklachica

kuklachica is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle

I just went to best buy to check out the new iPods. I played aroudn with all three, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the iPod Touch. If it had calendar control built into it, I'd seriously consider one. I played with the new iPod nano, and was not impressed. It took a while for the menu to catch up with my scrolling, and even when it did it was very jerky and not smooth. I have a 30GB iPod 5.5 right now and it scrolls very smoothly and is very responsive. It seemed that the nano was a step backwards as far as the responsiveness goes. Does anyone have first-hand experience with this? Is this a problem, or could it just be the nature of the display model at best buy?
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

there is an update out for them in itunes when you dock your ipod. it updates this problem
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Hmm, I tried the Nanos and found them very quick and responsive. The Classics, on the other hand, were just as you described the Nanos. Maybe that was a bad one or not updated.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
kuklachica

kuklachica is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle

I tried the Classic as well and it was MUCH more responsive than the nanos. Night and day. The nanos must not have been updated. Thanks for the info!
QUOTE Thanks
Mo_274

Mo_274 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black

guess the one you tried was not updated, I have a Nano and it's fine, but the update is a must to improve the performance
QUOTE Thanks
Bruki

Bruki will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone

I have just upgraded to a new classic 80Gig, I must say I do like the new U.I however my one issue with it is that it is very slow.......& quiet, no gopod yet?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod classic output to tv. | touch - strange circle on screen... »