New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

bought 3G iPod in NYC, 4G announced the day I go home

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hollerz1

Hi,
On a recent trip to New York City, I bought a 20GB 3G iPod from the Apple store on 16th July. Then on the 19th, I see on the news they have released the 4th generation, but I have to get the plane back to England so I dont have a chance to go and get it exchanged at the Apple store!

If I take the receipt and everything to the Apple store in England, do you think they will change it, seeing as though it was bought in Apple store, just in another country!
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

maybe you can do that................but let me tell you something man......just as an advise..................the same thing happened to me, i bought a 3g 15 gb iPod two and a half weeks ago at compusa - Miami florida, i didn't know apple was going to release the 4th gen ipod so soon, so i bought my little cute friend......and travelled back to my home country (Dominican Republic)............here we don't have apple stores so i couldn't use the 14 day return policy and get the new one.............but honestly i don't know if it was fate....or what it was, but after i saw the 4g i fell MORE in love with my 3g, it's something about the design of the 3g that i like WAY much better than the 4g.............of course, i'd love the 12 hour battery, life and the slickness of the 4g.........but that's the only thing that i'd exchange it for....

so...live a little.........in case you cannot return it..........just be happy and learn to love/use your little white friend...hehehe............remember there are a LOT of people with 2gen ipods and love it!......so not always we need the LATEST stuff.......it's just based on our personal needs

so enjoy it no matter what happens and thank good you had the money to buy (at least a 3g) cuz there are alot of people dying of hunger every minute in the world

just a little life advise
QUOTE Thanks
hollerz1

Hehe thanks for the advice! and I actually agree with you, I'm kind of glad i bought the 3G, because in some ways I think the 3G looks way better than the 4G! I just wondered if there was the option to exchange now, because I remember I thought my 2G was a lot nicer than the 3G when they released that, but now I really love the 3G!

Whatever, your right, at least I have one!
QUOTE Thanks
gailwin

same thing, 1 month later, HELLO 4g. that stinks on ice that u can't upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple and Dell? | One day later and I would be mad at apple »