New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - 2 iPods in iTunes at once...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p1p3r

p1p3r is an unknown at this point

I got a new 160GB Classic and I want to transfer everything over from my 60GB Video.
Problem is... if I attach both to my MacBook Pro, only ONE will show up in iTunes... actually, it doesn't recognize the other one at all (not even has a HD).

...help? Or am I going to have to put it all on an external to do the transfer? This seems strange, I swear you could connect more than one iPod before!!!
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

There is something wrong with the iPod or iTunes if it doesn't show up at all. Since it doesn't show up as a HDD, it is likely not in Disc mode.

Using the directions provided here:

http://www.command-tab.com/2006/03/3...ipod-commands/

With the iPod plugged into your Mac, do a Hard Reset and then put it in Disc Mode.

QUOTE Thanks
p1p3r

It still will only let me do that with one at a time... any ideas why?

P.S. My 60GB is still Windows formatted, I think that may be relevant =/
QUOTE Thanks
p1p3r

UGH I plugged both into my PC and I can do both... but I don't want my iPods to be Windows formatted.
What the...
QUOTE Thanks
pballa2099

pballa2099 is an unknown at this point

windows formatted you can use it on a mac or pc
QUOTE Thanks
tootallUK

tootallUK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)

I have a slightly similar problem with my G4 iBook... it has two USB slots... one recognises my iPod fully, allowing me to update it properly, charging it and - importantly - to eject it safely...

if I forget which is which and put it into the 'wrong' slot, it will charge the iPod, claims it's updating but doesn't and will not let me eject it at all, I always have to just pull the plug and then reset...

it may be that your problem is a USB slot that does not 'see' your iPod properly...

or not - but, hey, it's a thought

Where's the right-click button?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod classic and system requirements | Green 5.5g iPod »