New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - ipod touch wifi problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oreoremix42

oreoremix42 is on a distinguished road

I cant seem to connect to my wifi in my house. I go into the settings and click the router and make sure i have it all on. Do i need to tell it the ip address? I am not sure i just cant seem to connect
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoremix42 View Post
I cant seem to connect to my wifi in my house. I go into the settings and click the router and make sure i have it all on. Do i need to tell it the ip address? I am not sure i just cant seem to connect
It should automatically find your wifi and any in the area....

stupid question but your router is wireless right? (some people dont know LOL)

If so I reccomend removing your firewall and try it again... if not Reset you Ipod...
QUOTE Thanks
oreoremix42

Yea it finds the wifi in my house but it doesnt connect to it. But when i click i youtube it says i need to connect to a internet connection through itunes first. Does that mean i need to plug it into my computer or on the itunes on my ipod?
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Reset the Ipod.... I have never used the Ipod Touch but maybe the reset button is the same as the iphone... Top left button (top) and round button in front hold until apple logo comes out (release) then when it reboots try to connect... also check your settings see if there isint something checked out of the ordinary..

if not call apple they will help you for sure... personally I think you have a firewall issue which is preventing you from connecting

Another Idea post on Airport, Networking, and Wireless Technology section of these boards they can possibly help you network wise
QUOTE Thanks
oreoremix42

I tried that i reset it adn everything and it stil wont let me get on. It picks up the wifi in the area i join it and it just doesnt connect
QUOTE Thanks
kevin270

kevin270 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard

You can connect to someone's router, but it's possible that the person you are connected to is not connected to the internet. For example, if I turn off my modem but leave my WiFi on, I can connect to my WiFi. However, I'll get a message from Safari stating that the server is down. This is because it goes through the router and stops there. It has no internet to go to.

Is this not "your" router that you are connecting to? I assume not because you would know if you were connected to the internet or not.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoremix42 View Post
Yea it finds the wifi in my house but it doesnt connect to it. But when i click i youtube it says i need to connect to a internet connection through itunes first. Does that mean i need to plug it into my computer or on the itunes on my ipod?
Never heard of that before.

All you should have to do is go to the setting screen, select the wi-fi option thing, then search for your network. Enter a WPA password (if you have one) and it should be connecting.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bluetooth and ipod touch | Video Podcasts on Audio Nano »