New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - two iPods on one account?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JeffBookPro

JeffBookPro is on a distinguished road

Hey. I have a 5G video iPod synced to my windows pc. I was planning on getting a iPod touch and syncing it with my macbook. Right now I have itunes on both the mac and pc synced with my 5G iPod.

Is there a way to use the same account on both the mac and pc, but have the pc synced to my 5G iPod and have the mac synced to the new iPod Touch?

thanks in advanced
QUOTE Thanks
JeffBookPro

hopefully I posted this in the right spot. I am not sure if it is a software or hardware issue. I'll try posting it in software.
QUOTE Thanks
JeffBookPro

-----wasn't sure if this would be a software issue or not---
I have a 5G video iPod synced to my windows pc. I was planning on getting a iPod touch and syncing it with my macbook. Right now I have itunes on both the mac and pc synced with my 5G iPod.

Is there a way to use itunes with my same account on both the mac and pc, but have the pc synced to my 5G iPod and have the mac synced to the new iPod Touch?

thanks in advanced
QUOTE Thanks
PixelP 2.o

PixelP 2.o is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing the only problem that could arise would be if you tried to connect your Mac formated iPod Touch to your PC. If you kept them seperated, you'll probably be ok, since you can have up to 5 (I think?) different iTunes on your account and an unlimited number of iPods.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Yes, you have 2 choices:

1) Use Manual Sync to load music/video to each iPod from each machine.

2) Synch each with identical playlists on each machine.

I have 5 iPods hooked up to my Mac (Quad G5) and I use Manual Sync for 4 of them and Auto to a playlist for one of them. They all work in Manual on my iBook.

QUOTE Thanks
J.Smith

J.Smith is on a distinguished road

Why not sharing files between 2 ipods? I know great software called iPod 2 iPod. It can easily drag and drop Songs, Playlists or Video between iPods. You can download and try it!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with a good rubber case for the classic 160gb? | itunes songs »