Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPod Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipod-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   UK People (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipod-hardware-accessories/77316-uk-people.html)

hotdog182 09-16-2007 11:26 AM

UK People

Does anybody know if the iPod touch is already on sale in shows, as i have heard from quite a few people in america they are all ready on sale in teh stores, Please help, i really want to run down and buy one.

Hotdog

knightlie 09-16-2007 12:48 PM

They're available to buy, but not being shipped until the 28th September. The Apple Store has details.

hotdog182 09-16-2007 02:01 PM

So i could go in tomorrow and buy it there and then?

reeco 09-16-2007 02:38 PM

I'm not at all happy with this. I ordered mine 2days ago off the apple website. It says the shipping date is the 28th september, and delivery date is 1st to 2nd of October. I live in swansea, wales, uk, and there is an apple store in cardiff which is a 30 min drive from here. What is the point in ordering off the OFFICIAL website and then having to wait longer than other people to get it. Its a disgrace if you ask me!! Anyway rant over, guess i'll have to wait!

nokialed 09-17-2007 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeco (Post 485734)
I'm not at all happy with this. I ordered mine 2days ago off the apple website. It says the shipping date is the 28th september, and delivery date is 1st to 2nd of October. I live in swansea, wales, uk, and there is an apple store in cardiff which is a 30 min drive from here. What is the point in ordering off the OFFICIAL website and then having to wait longer than other people to get it. Its a disgrace if you ask me!! Anyway rant over, guess i'll have to wait!

there isnt an apple store in cardiff!

nl74 09-17-2007 04:40 AM

I was in the bluewater apple store on Saturday and they were not in stock. I asked an assistant and he said that unlike America they were not expecting stock until the 28th, he could be wrong of course.

So unless stock has arrived today (Monday) then you cannot get one in the UK yet. I may check the store again later in the week just in case some do come in.

knightlie 09-17-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

As far as I'm aware they're not available in the shops either. If you mean the delay between despatch and delivery, well, they can't beam it to you, can they?

fleurya 09-17-2007 12:30 PM

They're not available in all US stores though. My local Apple store doesn't have them yet.

It is quite rude of Apple to ship them to stores before shipping to people who have already paid and are waiting patiently. I can understand getting them in stores for display models, but that's all it should be until online pre-orders are shipped.

hotdog182 09-17-2007 02:13 PM

I went to my local one and they sell the other iPods but not the touch

chriswright101 09-18-2007 07:13 AM

I've just made the amazingly tough decision of buying out my current contract with Orange, and getting the iPhone on November 9th. I was going to get the iPod touch for my birthday in 3 weeks time, but for the same price I'd rather get the iPhone!!! The wait is going to be painful though!!!

hotdog182 09-18-2007 11:44 AM

NEWS JUST IN- in manchester arndake they had tehm in, f**king love them, i creamed a little, so all you mancs who want one, GOGOGO, but leave one for me.

Also chris im getting both, Why not =]

Zoolook 09-18-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

100 million children per year dying of curable diseases is a disgrace. Getting your iPOD touch 2 days after someone else is, at worst, a minor inconvenience.

Perhaps you should rethink your priorities and values?

hotdog182 09-18-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoolook (Post 487086)
100 million children per year dying of curable diseases is a disgrace. Getting your iPOD touch 2 days after someone else is, at worst, a minor inconvenience.

Perhaps you should rethink your priorities and values?

Dude that was low, if that's how you feel, become a doctor go over to foreign countries and eal thm, if not.

love mac enough to feel it's end of world if you get it late.

nl74 09-18-2007 02:37 PM

on a happier note ipod touches are now available to buy in UK Apple stores.

Synching mine right now.

I am weak but boy is it a neat bit of kit. All the wife has done so far is go hmm a lot!