New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - iPod Touch FTW!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalscrap View Post
I guess it's all about how you manage your media and prepare then. I've always (had an old Archos for video previously, now will be getting the 16GB iPod Touch) just copied one or two movies that I haven't seen yet to the device, and watch those on the plane. And 7GB of music is more than enough to keep me occupied for the duration of the flight.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I don't see how one is going to watch 20 different movies and listen to 20,000 songs on a flight.
I was glad I had full iPod when I had to fly to India. There was some goofy lottle booger sitting in front of me that would stand on his seat, look at me, and drool on me. I about smacked the kid, but luckily I had hours of entertainment right in the palm of my hand.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

I'm in a bit of a difficult situation myself. Currently I live in Boston and take the subway a lot. I have verizon (my contract will be up in January when I go to Los Angeles for most likely the rest of my life).

The iPod I have now is 20 gigs with NO VIDEO (monochromatic) and I've filled it with 15 gigs. I told myself that when the new ipods came out I'd get one but didn't anticipate the touch having only 16 gigs.

I LOVE the iphone but am not sure about switching to AT&T from Verizon- also the 8 gig iphone is not enough for me (maybe it'll be bigger in jan??). Ideally, I want to have all of my music and video on my ipod. Then again, when I'm in LA I won't be taking the subway and therefore would only watch videos when im on the treadmill at the gym.

So I'm not sure which ipod to go for... this is a very tough decision for me...
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

The Touches have shipped a wave already. Many Apple stores have 'em, though I had to go to 2 different ones to find a remaining one.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
chriswright101

chriswright101 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
You obviously don't put full size videos on a device that has a 3 inch screen. You convert them to the appropriate size, and you end up saving a ton of space as a result. 8GB is plenty of space when you don't have videos with resolutions too high for the device.

Yeh exactly. I'm sure many of you already know of this software, but I found something called iSquint. You drag your videos into it and you can select to convert it all to iPod format, and it puts in your iTunes library for you. Converted my Jon Stewart shows from 249mb to 120mb. Not too shabby.

Can't wait to get the iPod touch!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod won't sync with error -54 | iTunes screensaver »