New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - New Nano; are these people having a laugh?!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

glosswhite

glosswhite can only hope to improve

Just been browsing this website - had to laugh... but in an angered way!.

http://uk.insight.com/apps/nbs/index...=200050&M=&P=5

£118.66 for a 4GB 3G Nano (the latest model)
£152.74 for an 8GB 3G Nano (the latest model)

What gives these ripoff merchants, the idea that they can sell at these prices?!. Are they OBLIVIOUS to the Apple RRP, and the rest of the iPod resale market?.

WHAT A JOKE!... am I wrong?. Oh, and the 2G 4GB Nano, is STILL marked up at £129 - now I find this odd, because:

A/ This is the OLD price for the OLD model, but they didn't inflate that price; that was the RRP
B/ They should have dropped this price, and given the PROPER RRP of the new Nanos, not an inflated one!!.

Disgusted. Corporate scum.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Here's a thought.... don't buy from them.
Quote:
What gives these ripoff merchants, the idea that they can sell at these prices?!
Its called free trade. If people buy them at that price, then they will sell at that price.

Let it go.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
glosswhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
Here's a thought.... don't buy from them.
Its called free trade. If people buy them at that price, then they will sell at that price.

Let it go.
I understand that, was just letting off steam, but still astounded!. Greed will destroy them eventually - at least Apple are a fair company.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

the shop / website can sell at what ever price they like. but it makes sense to most companies to sell at RRP or around that area.

its up to the website at the end of the day
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glosswhite View Post
at least Apple are a fair company.
Except when it comes to buying memory from them.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Dude, you have issues. You really need to get over yourself

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
glosswhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Dude, you have issues. You really need to get over yourself
...and you jump right into my thread, insult me, and say that *I* have issues?. I thought that you said you were using [IGNORE] button on me, last time you said something in my general direction?.

Do so.
QUOTE Thanks
pirate pete

pirate pete is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3G Black Macbook 2.16ghz, 2gb, 160gb

its the internet brother, let it go

"Lemme tell you a few other really great things about this, one of the most incredible.....it has a handle." - Steve Jobs introduces the first iBook in 1999
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How aluminium is colour anodised; interesting! | ipod hard drive swap out »