New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - iPod Classice 160GB and Video accessories...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Toonman

Toonman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac24/2GB/750GB+iBook 12"/1GB/60GB+30GB iPod Video+PC AMD64 4000+/2GB/300SATA+Nikon D2X etc

Hi

Does anyone know if iPod Video accessories will fit the new Classic 160GB, eg the HiFi and the Arcam iDock?

Mike :alien:
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I saw an article that said video from the new iPod line won't work with video products unless they're made by Apple or have some kind of Apple authorized build. Check out Engadget or Gizmodo, I'm sure they have the story and what products will/won't work.

EDIT: I found this article on Gizmodo:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ipod/new-...ear-297722.php

The more I thought about it, the more I realized this kind of parallels a Vista controversy: software (Vista) was causing people with older hardware (PC's) to upgrade in order to use it. In this case the software (iPod firmware) is forcing users to upgrade their hardware (video accessories) A little ironic in my opinion.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Toonman

Toonman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac24/2GB/750GB+iBook 12"/1GB/60GB+30GB iPod Video+PC AMD64 4000+/2GB/300SATA+Nikon D2X etc

Many thanks!

Mike :alien:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new ipod firmware? | My ipod holds no charge »