New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - iPod Touch - To buy or not to buy

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fiwi

Fiwi is an unknown at this point

I love some opinions on the iPod Touch. I'm considering one as I've been thinking about a new iPod and I have really been wanting a palm organizer or some sort. To be able to get it from Mac is a bonus. I will certainly use the wifi. My biggest concern is that I can only get 16GB. I don't own a ton of digital music, but I'd like to grow my library. It would be nice to have mail too--something I suspect they'll include in the next generation. BTW, how long do you think it will be until the 2nd generation comes along?
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Anywhere from 3 - 12 months. Does that help?

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
Fiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Anywhere from 3 - 12 months. Does that help?
I hate waiting! I don't know. I have a 2GB Nano now which I have filled 75% of the space. I highly doubt I'll keep any videos on the Touch. All I want is some music, a few pics, the ability to view my email (via the web will do), have my contacts handy and keep track of my schedule. 16 GB should do, right?
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

16gb should be more than sufficent if you only have 2gb of music
QUOTE Thanks
chriswright101

chriswright101 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiwi View Post
My biggest concern is that I can only get 16GB. I don't own a ton of digital music, but I'd like to grow my library.
I think a helpful tip would be to consider how much 16GB can hold. My iTunes is huuuuuge!! but still only takes up 12GB of music, which is 7.2 days of continous tunes!!! Who needs that much hey? There's no chance that all of that music will even get listened to, so just crop the amount of music on the iPod if you manage to fill it.

I'm so excited about the iPod touch. I'm equally as excited about the iPhone, but my phone contract has another 7 months left on it so this is exactly what I was hoping for from Apple. Once again, they have delivered what the people want.

My one concern; once I get an iPhone I hope I don't get too confused with which one's which and answer a call on my iPod touch.
QUOTE Thanks
Fiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswright101 View Post
I think a helpful tip would be to consider how much 16GB can hold. My iTunes is huuuuuge!! but still only takes up 12GB of music, which is 7.2 days of continous tunes!!! Who needs that much hey? There's no chance that all of that music will even get listened to, so just crop the amount of music on the iPod if you manage to fill it.
You're right -- 3,500 songs is a lot for the average person. What the heck. I'm gonna go for it.
QUOTE Thanks
peat

peat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.33 20" imac 2g ram.

16 gigs is probably not enough for everyone to store their entire collection. but as my collection grows. i realize more and more that i really dont need all this music, especially not on my ipod.

as for videos. i dont really watch videos on my ipod so im not really concerned about that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod Touch vs bluetooth and speakers | Ipod Touch. When can I get one? »