New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - No album artwork

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

todd51

Hey guys, I recently got album artwork for all of my music in my iTunes library. I did this by just going to find the cd on Amazon and dragging the image into iTunes. I plugged in my iPod and updated all of the music. I even checked the box that says Display Album Artwork on iPod under the Music tab, but even after re-syncing it and power cycling my iPod, it still doesn't display the album artwork.

Is there a setting on the iPod itself that I have to enable also?

Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
opus_az

opus_az has a spectacular aura about

Does the album art appear in iTunes?

iMac, MB, MB Air, nano
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Yes, all the album art appears in the bottom left corner and comes up in the Cover Flow view.
QUOTE Thanks
opus_az

Curious. When you have your iPod connected to your computer and your iTunes is running, the colored bar at the bottom of the iPod info screen shows space usage for music and album art, each with a different color. Do you see any disk usage for album art?

Also, I don't have my iPod with me but is there a setting in the iPod itself for displaying album art? I know there's one in iTunes and it looks you have that one set properly so supposedly the art is on the iPhone but maybe you still need to tell the iPod to display it.

iMac, MB, MB Air, nano
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

I thought I looked everywhere in the Settings and I couldn't find it. Also I'm pretty sure there was no disk usage for album art. This is just getting too frustrating!
QUOTE Thanks
opus_az

Sounds like the art's not making it to the iPod. I'd try resyncing, maybe deleting an album art, syncing, then adding it again and syncing.

Maybe it doesn't like the amazon art. I have a nano so I don't sync art.

iMac, MB, MB Air, nano
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Hmm..I just plugged it back into the computer. I do have 42.2Mb of Other that is colored orange. All my music is in blue and the free space is in white.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

I got it, apparently it didn't work the first few times, but I kept checking/unchecking "show album art" in the Preferences and if finally put it all on there.
QUOTE Thanks
opus_az

Ohhh, right! I didn't suggest that because it's sooo obvious. Everyone knows that!!!

iMac, MB, MB Air, nano
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will we see a 6g ipod this year? | iTunes Sharing »