New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - iTunes question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

go kart mozart

go kart mozart is on a distinguished road

Hope this is posted in the right place.

I am a recent mac convert with an iMac I purchased several months ago. Its serves as my family computer and we have been very happy with it.

My question is with multiple accounts within OSX. I added my wife an account today and when she logged in iTunes asked her to accept it's user agreement and her iTunes was fresh with no music in it.

Will I have to transfer files to her iTunes as I did when first switching from my previous PC to the iMac?

Will this count as an additional computer towards my limit of 5(?) that can be synced with my iPod and songs purchased from iTunes?

Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
go kart mozart

go kart mozart is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help here?
QUOTE Thanks
Craig

Craig is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM

What you could try is going to the iTunes file menu and adding or importing the existing iTunes music folder from the original account manually. If it won't let you do this because the music is in a different user folder then you could try transferring the main iTunes music folder from the original user folder to the public folder. Then maybe all users could access the music by importing the library from the public folder. Just a thought.

I don't have a clue about authorisation though sorry.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

I *think* iTunes authorises computers, not accounts. It certainly SAYS "computer" so I assume it means that. To share music, just move it to the Public folder as Craig says, and import it to each user's library. You'll need to remove the tracks from the existing library and re-import.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
djames42

djames42 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP

...or more easily, just change her iTunes preferences to point to your account's iTunes folder. Unfortunately, anything she adds won't automatically show up in your Library (and visa-versa). If Apple ever decides (hope hope) to add watch folders to iTunes, then perhaps this drawback would disappear...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can an ipod Touch replace a Palm as a digital diary | Does the iPod touch not come with a bag / sleeve?! »