New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Unable to enable disk use on iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ryvyan

Ryvyan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty

I'm using iPod Video, one of the first batches. I only switched recently from PC to Mac and even though the reformatting works and the music switch seamlessly between the computer, I'm unable to enable disk use for my iPod now.

I know where the checkbox is because I enabled it on my PC before, but on my Mac the checkbox is greyed out. Please help if you have gone through the same problems? If not I'll bring it in to the store...
QUOTE Thanks
Ryvyan

Ryvyan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty

Oh wait, rephrase. Is there a way to both enable disk use and manually manage songs and playlists? I vaguely remember having both checked without one of them greyed out. Or am I just being dumb?

I should be able to view the files in my iPod on PCs as well right?
QUOTE Thanks
iFourm

iFourm is on a distinguished road

You can't manage songs manually. itunes works well though...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« success getting rid of stuck pixel!! | How can i embed album art right into the ID3 tag of a song? id3 editor programs? »