New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - PC and Mac itunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rootrageous

rootrageous is on a distinguished road

I have a PC for home use and a macbook for travel, that I also use at home when the wife is on the PC. I have itunes installed on both, and have my ipod formatted for windows. I installed my itunes library on my macbook from my PC about 2 months ago. Since then I have purchased some new music on my PC.

Is there a way I can keep the library updated on my macbook to match the library on my PC? I hate to have to manually copy the songs as files to my ipod and then import them into itunes one by one. Is there a way to automatically sync one library to another?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Toyman321

Toyman321 is an unknown at this point

Im in the exact same boat.... I havn't found any solution other than just copying songs over into my itunes library from my windows desktop via my network. You don't actually have to pull the songs onto your macbook and then import them into itunes though, you can drag them straight from the other computer straight into your itunes library and the songs will organize and load into your itunes library if you have "copy files to itunes music folder when adding to library" and "keep itunes folder organized" checked under preferences/advanced in itunes.... hope that helps a little
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery problems... sort of. | Ipod Capacity Issue »